Friday, April 10, 2009

More Honza: 'bread and butter' (or taco?) endurance training

In addition to hiking and flying, Honza has also been mixing up his land based training, with this 6.5hr bike, hike, hike, bike(!) session.

"Yesterday I biked 35km to the closest mountains and did two uphill hike/ runs and then biked back," says Honza.

"This is not too fatiquing," says coach Eddie Fletcher, "but requires a significant calorie input."


The logfile recorded on his t6c estimated that Honza needed 3470kcals to replenish himself afterwards.

"On the ride back, I stopped to eat six tacos at a taco stand," he says. According to Taco Bell, one taco is approximately 200kcal, so Honza would still need substantially more fuel to recover from this effort.

However, the session cost Honza a little bit more than just a few Mexican delicacies.

Honza explains more:

"At the end of the second hike/ run I took a dip in the lake. I had my cell phone in my pocket so it too went for a swim, and messed up the screen. Took $25 to fix."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home